Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dehydration!!

This is my new favorite storage method! My kids are loving the dried fruit and I didn't know you can dry basically anything!! Did you know if you dehydrate tomatoes you can have your sun dried tomatoes and grate the tomatoes to a powder and mix with water to make the right consistency for tomato paste.
APPLES-before you dry the apples you can sprinkle jello on them for a candied apple taste or buterscotch pudding for the caramel effect!
Yogurt!!! did you know you can dehydrate yogurt to make a chewy fruit leather!!!
If any of you have favorite things you dehydrate let us in on your secrets!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey Teresa! I got the recipe for that Skittles cake on theidearoom.blogspot.com. Just go to her birthdays section and I think it's one of the first ones. That way, I don't have to write out an entire explanation. It's pretty easy, though, and it looks really cute. I love this blog, by the way. I'll definately be coming back a lot. I am just learning about dehydrating, so I will let you know if I learn anything exciting!

    ReplyDelete